Job opportunity: Corporate Archives Internship at The Procter & Gamble Company
The Archive Intern will assist the Senior Archivist in collecting, preserving, and sharing P&G’s legacy of over 184 years, serving as a catalyst to inspire a passionate and engaged P&G employee community. This is a unique opportunity to play a role in deploying the power and inspiration contained within P&G’s corporate and brand heritage, bringing a deep understanding of the core values, innovations, symbols and beliefs, successes and failures, and stories of the people that have shaped and led P&G.
This internship provides a unique opportunity to work in a corporate archive that is the comprehensive source for reliable information on the history of P&G, its brands, and its people.
The Archive Intern will benefit from exposure to a wide variety of archival tasks. Projects include, but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Processing, rehousing, and digitization of various collections
- Assist with metadata cleanup and inventory maintenance in Archives’ database
- Research request fulfillment of employee and consumer queries
- Populate brand and corporate digital assets to corporate digital asset manager
- Other projects as assigned
- Basic familiarity with archival fundamentals and practices.
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Be a Junior obtaining an Undergraduate in History/Archives-related course of study or a Graduate student pursuing a degree specializing in Archives, Public History, or Library Studies
- Ability to lift boxes, up to 40 pounds
Our Ideal Candidate:
- You display strong teamwork, problem-solving and solutions-oriented mindset
- You demonstrate passion to work on detail-oriented projects and ability to prioritize multiple projects and demonstrate flexibility
- You have experience in the operations of Archives or Museums
- You demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Typical office environment; cubicle setting. Extended periods of time sitting, standing, typing on a computer is required.
- Moderate lifting is required, up to 40 pounds
Keep in Mind:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.